The consortium consists of the following five universities
- The University of Lincoln is located in central England. It is a top performer in national student satisfaction surveys and enjoys a Top 50 position in UK university league tables. The University has invested more than £140 million in its campus, providing award-winning facilities and modern student-centred spaces located in the heart of a historic student-friendly city. Lincoln leads the nationwide educational project Student as Producer which engages students through practical learning and experimentation in collaboration with colleagues and academics.
- Aalborg University is located in northern Denmark and is a leading force in problem-based learning, one of the main teaching philosophies underpinning the ADVANCES course. The Department of Sociology and Social Work has offered a specific specialism in social work for the past 35 years.
- The University of Lisbon is one of the largest public universities in Portugal. Its social work courses are offered by the Institute of Social and Political Sciences (ISCSP) and have been rated the best in Portugal in terms of student achievement and satisfaction. ISCSP is based on a beautiful hilltop campus just a few minutes’ ride from the historical city centre.
- The University of Paris Ouest Nanterre La Defense (formerly Paris X) is one of France’s largest universities and specialises in humanities and social sciences. The University’s contribution to ADVANCES will be made by the academic team “Family Upbringing and Social Work with Families” based at the Department of Educational Sciences. This team has a strong international profile, having developed the journal Revue Internationale de l’Education Familiale (RIEF) since 1997 and participated in the EUSARF and AIFREF international networks on residential/foster care and family education respectively.
- Warsaw University (founded in 1816) is the top university and a leading research centre in Poland. It is listed among top 4% of the World-Class Universities and recognized by prestigious international rankings such as the Academic Ranking of World Universities (AKA Shanghai Ranking), the QS Top Universities and the Times Higher Education World University Rankings. In line with the strong links between social work and social pedagogy in Poland, staff involved in ADVANCES are based at the Department of Cultural Animation and Socio-Educational Work (formerly Department of Social Pedagogy).