Name: Claudia Di Matteo
Countries where you have worked or studied:
- I worked and studied in Italy, Horn of Africa - MONA Area, and France.
- I studied also in England (Lincoln), Denmark (Aalborg), and Portugal (Lisbon).
Universities and qualifications before ADVANCES:
- 2013 - University of Rome La Sapienza, Faculty of Sociology and Social Sciences – Qualification : M2 in Management and Evaluation of Public Policies and Social Services
- 2010 - University of Rome La Sapienza, Faculty of Medicine and Psychology – Qualification: Bachelor in Social Work
Previous professional experience/Fields of social work practice:
- 2014 - Social Worker and Junior Project Manager. Field: Capacity Building and Sustainable Local Development –Djibouti – Horn of Africa.
- 2015 - Community Social Worker. Field of practice: Migrations and Social Inclusion – Florence – Italy.
Three things that you most value about the ADVANCES programme
- Melting pot
- Debating with my classmates and the PBL
- Travelling around Europe
Message for other social workers thinking about applying for a place on ADVANCES:
Advances Programme is a life change experience. It means mostly change our mind-set, critically reflect on our own perspectives and beliefs and finally embrace a new social work identity.
Web links to any blog, project or profile that you would like to include:
Topic of research project:
Title “The internationalization of Social Work. Emerging discourses from the Erasmus Mundus Advances Programme”
Where were you based for Semester 4?
Paris – University of Nanterre
Current position and place of work:
- Senior Social Worker Department of Mental Health – EPSM Marne – France.
- PhD Candidate, University of Paris Nanterre (processing).
Any other jobs since graduating ADVANCES:
- Senior Social Worker – Case Worker. Refugees and Asylum seekers technical and administrative support
- Technical support in International cases of resettlement – France.